Pages

Tuesday, 1 May 2018

of my proposal defense

My proposal defense?

Oh yeah, it was yesterday.
  

and it was crazy.

It was totally crazy!

Nobody, I repeat nooobody expected that the venue would be changed at the very last minute, ok.

And the very best thing about it was that ---> it was changed to the main hall.

Main hall of my uni. Hehe.

MAIN HALL.

Bruhhhhhh!

(a.k.a dewan yang paling susah nak dapat if you nak organize apa-apa event)

Aww, what a sweet reason to twist my heart into pretzel. Demmit.

.

.

.


So, I presented my proposal. *like a pro...y'know prosak puahaha XP

FYI, I was the first person to talk that morning, so plissss, can't expect much okee.

I stood awkwardly in the middle of the stage, held the microphone tightly and hoping that my hands would not decide to shake on its own *not that it has occurred before who knows, anything can happen at that point*

I actually brought a piece of paper with me during the presentation but I don't remember looking at it, not even once (!!!) Soooooo uncool Aliaa, you forgot to mention a few points. But, I remember stopping in the middle of my 'speech', just to take a deep, like really deep breath. What had I been babbling all the past precious minutes omg...? GOSH!

"It's okay, you've got time Aliaa" I heard Dr. Hazim said down the stage, he was the chairperson for the morning session. And then I saw Jing Xian showing me eight of her fingers. Eh, what?

Oh it means eight minutes had passed. :P

Took another deep breath and I chuckled at myself.

Okay, let's end this nowwwww!

Bla bla bla... and bla bla bla some more *the end*

During the Q and A session, I am very grateful to Allah for how calm He made me feel. Thank you ya Allah. Like, it was so calming I didn't even feel like it's over 20 minutes already (you think I had the longest Q n A sess? nope. We all felt like we had the longest (and probably the worst). We all did, seriously).

Why do you want to use Polysorbate 80 instead of 20?

How are you going to catch the flies?

What's your research gap?

Here you mentioned soybean oil, but in the lit review any oil can be chosen, what's your reason?

So you're going to apply low energy methods in the making of nanoemulsion, hmmm... now explain to me high energy methods. *ok.. wait whaaaaaat?

You're going to watch them for 24 hours? This is only fyp...

*yerp, and it's my fyp*

etc.

No, yours truly didn't die fortunately. And alhamdulillah the proposal was accepted. Yay  ^^ My friends complimented me for answering all the questions correctly plus for how... hahahaha won't mention another reason. JUST. *but wait how did they know I answered correctly? >_<

Is it perfect? Is it enough? Well, hopefully. Now, let's get ready for FYP 2, ladies and gentlemen. Brace yourself, Insha'Allah we're gonna make it.

Development of Nanoemulsion
Containing Piper betle Extract
as An Effective Natural Insecticide.

*again, what the heck was I thinking when I decided to do that topic?*

I called my mum the night before the proposal defense just to cry my heart out. Typical me. I went to the fourth floor and talked to her till I literally stopped feeling sad.

She asked... "Tak takut ke naik tingkat empat sorang-sorang? Malam-malam ni.."

Tbh, I was too overwhelmed by my nervousness (and sadness yang tetiba muncul entah dari mana) to feel scared, even though the corridors looked like they're from scene of a horror movie but who cares about that.

I was only imagining the vicious faces of my examiners that I'd have to see the next day. Huhu.

JK. They're too kind to be called vicious. Ok byeeeee XD

P/s : No, that photo wasn't taken after my presentation, that was during the evening session. I watched all of my friends' proposal defenses sebab diorang punya buat dekat bilik banquet jer bukan dewan utama why life is so unfairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment